Thursday, July 09, 2009

A Wicked Evening

On Tuesday I went and saw Wicked! For Christmas, Brandon had gave me a ticket to see the musical Wicked when it came to Memphis this July. I was so excited. I have seriously been counting down the days to see the play ever since.

The play was at the Orpheum in downtown Memphis. It was so magical walking into that beautiful building. It was the perfect place for the play. Picture below was taken right before the play started.The actors and actresses were an amazing, talented group of people. The songs from Wicked that I have listened to almost every day since October were sung beautifully. My favorite song from the play would have to be Defying Gravity with As Long as Your Mine coming in at a close second.

The costumes were fantastic! They totally completed the characters and help them really come to life.

The only thing that would have made that night better would have been if Brandon saw the play with me. He only bought one ticket back in October for a great price. By the time I started looking for tickets the play had already been sold out or the ticket prices were extremely high. Picture below was me in the theater waiting for the play to start.It was such a great evening and it was fun to see truly my first high class Broadway play.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

I loved it too! We saw you there, but when we called your name, I don't think you could hear us...oh well. You looked beautiful.

Greg and Tammy said...

How fun!! We are seeing it here in Phoenix in a few weeks and I am so excited!! I've seen it before but I just LOVE IT!!! So glad you got to see it!

mamasteph said...

It was definitely AMAZING!!! By far one of my favorites! If you are anything like me, you will now be addicted to seeing Broadway plays! I absolutely love them!

Jill said...

Way to go all by yourself! I don't know if I could do that.

We're going when it comes here in November and I am so excited. That play is incredible.

Gurr Family said...

That sounds like so much fun. I would love to go to that play. The only song I know from that is Popular. That's a fun one.

Jill Revell said...

I'm so jealous! I've been dying to see it. All I hear are good things. That is such a cute picture of you! I'm impressed you went alone. :)

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

Look at that hottie! I gladly would have been your date :) Fun to see pictures of the kids on the 4th too. Miss you guys!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

you are so gorgeous! i miss you:)