Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reading Books

One of my favorite things to do with my kids is read to them. I have always been a big fan a books and consider myself to be an avid reader. One of the things I hope for is to instill a love for learning and reading within my children.

I was read books with Ben and Emmy yesterday while Hyrum was at school. We read one of Hyrum's favorite books titled Down by the Station. I don't know how many times I have read this book to my children. However, as I was reading this book to Ben and Emmy, I was shocked to have them point out a balloon on each page. This wasn't a book with all balloons, but a book with one same balloon on each page that drifts farther away in the sky as you read this story. I haven't remember noticing the balloon before when I have read this book, but I was surprised when Ben and Emmy were very observant and kept pointing it out.

Another book we read had a baby in it. The baby wasn't the main character in the book, but was still on quite a few pages of the story. Each page Emmy would look for that baby and give it a kiss and stroke the picture. It was so cute and so funny.

I think I take for granted often how much my kids observe and soak in. I am constantly amazed at them.

No comments: