Friday, March 06, 2009

Flashback Friday- Finger Painting with Pudding

Today's flashbacks are coming from December of 2005 and September of 2008.

First, December of 2005. Hyrum is just over two years old in these pictures, the twins were a month old; life was crazy. Before I even had the twins I decided that I would try my hardest to make "special times" for Hyrum so that in the mist of chaos and uncertainty he would know that we loved him.One of the things I tried to do with him was pudding finger painting. As you can tell by the pictures, it didn't go so well. If I remember correctly I tried to do it at a time when the twins were asleep, but as you can see he was past the point of exhaustion in these pictures and was ready for his nap. I can't even remember if it was becuase he was tired that he was upset or if I did something. Maybe a mixture of both. Our painting session was very short. When I planned this activity for him I was so excited because I thought for sure that he would love it. Although he was grumpy, I think I got some great pictures out of the event. I think I will have to try pudding painting with him again.
Fast forward to September 2008. Hyrum is at preschool and I decided that I would do something fun with Ben and Emmy. As you will be able to see from the pictures I made the pudding too runny for finger painting for kids, big mistake! The kids had a blast! However, either the doorbell rang or the phone rang and I answered it since I was expecting my friend Angel to bring Hyrum home from school for me(one car at the time). I came back to high chair trays knocked off and tons of pudding splattered on the walls and on the floor! I decided it was bath time. I threw the kids in the tub with just a little bit of water and went to work cleaning the kitchen floor the quickest I could since I hate to leave them in the tub alone. The floor was a disaster and I knew there would be no way I would be able to clean it without them "helping" me. After a super quick cleaning job, I came into the bathroom and saw that Emmy pooped in the tub! I about died. I took Ben and Emmy out of the tub, cleaned the tub, washed them down again right as Hyrum came home. It was a very wild morning. I think Ben and Emmy had a good time though.

4 comments:

meg said...

wow, that sounds so chaotic! looks like the twins did, indeed, have fun. good times, good times.

Hilary said...

Those pictures are hilarious. What a courageous woman you are to let them do that. It looks way fun! (for them at least)

Liz said...

Those are such great pictures! Cute little messy monkeys. :) I don't know if I'm brave enough for pudding finger painting...you're a good mom!

Bonnie said...

Those are great pictures! You've got to love memories like that, they're what make motherhood so exciting!