Thursday, August 20, 2009

Biting the Bullet

I have decided it is time to start potty training Ben and Emmy. Ben and Emily are the same age that Hyrum was (even a little older) when we potty trained him. I think I might be crazy, but I am tired of changing diapers. Plus, Ben is playing soccer this fall and I don't want him to be the only kid out there running around in a diaper.

Hyrum is so excited for Ben and Emmy. It was fun to hear his excitement as he was talking to Ben about everything in regards being a big boy and going potty on the toilet.

Talking about underwear tonight from Hyrum to Ben:
"Don't worry, if all of your underwear are dirty you can wear some of mine." Don't you all wish you had a brother who would share like that? Hearing the tenderness in Hyrum's voice as he said it to Ben was so sweet and funny at the same time.

As we were picking out clothes for tomorrow Emmy had a hard time picking what underwear she wanted to wear tomorrow. I think she changed her mind at least three times. She finally decided she wanted to wear the pink one. Surprised...I think not.

Hyrum wanted to find his Thomas the Train underwear so he could match Ben tomorrow. Too bad Hyrum out grew those underwear about a year ago; otherwise they could have matched.

We start tomorrow. We shall see how it goes.

9 comments:

Brianne said...

Oh, the potty training days...hard work, but well worth it in the end. Good luck! So funny and cute what Hyrum said to Ben.

steph said...

I love that Hyrum offered his own underoos to Ben! I'm not surprised that your kids are so kindhearted -- I'm sure they learned that from their parents... Good luck!

The Bailey's said...

It will work....given you have potty trained before. but here's the advice I was told....plan on accidents, plan on cleaning up poop and pee for 2 weeks and after that, it will be ok! good luck...twins is double the FUN!

Jill said...

I potty trained Kate about 6 ago and it has reminded me about why I hate doing it! She got the concept really quickly, but definitely pulls the old don't-feel-like-leaving-my-game-so-I'll-just-pee-right-here routine. Good luck, you'll definitely need it!

Mandy said...

Good luck!

Hilary said...

Good luck! Two at a time sounds adventurous for sure! At least you have Hyrum to help you out. :)

mamasteph said...

Good luck! You will be so much happier once it's over with! You will be diaper free! Wahoo!

Natalie said...

That is so crazy Ben is going to play soccer this fall! I wish they had a program around here for 3 year olds! That is awesome they have a potty training cheer leader!

April said...

Good luck with that! Mazie wants to have a potty and undies, but doesn't go in the potty regularly. For me it is easier to have her in diapers with the newborn here, but double duty is not fun.