Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Brandon and I have been extremely blessed in our lives to have such great mothers.

One of them is Brandon's mom, Ethel. She is constantly serving others, to the point of exhaustion. Ethel always supports her children in her joy and successes. Brandon says that he loves that he always feels that she is proud of him. Picture taken December 2006Another woman in our life is my mom, Sarah. One thing I love about my mom is that she makes her grandchildren a priority in her life. She is always calling to check-up on the kids and talk to them. The kids love it when she takes time to talk to each one of them. My mom is also very aware of other people's feelings. I love the fact that she is always there when I need to talk and words can not express how much I appreciate that. Picture taken January 2008The next woman in our life is my grandma, my mother's mom, Marie. My grandma is such a great person. From a very young age I have felt an enormous amount of love from her. She is always giving hugs. I love her sense of humor and the way that she tell stories. Picture taken March 2008The last woman in our lives that I want to mention is my father's mom, my grandma, GenaVee. I am so lucky and blessed to have her in my life. She is such a power house in the gospel; constantly serving in the Church. She also gives so much time to her children and grandchildren. She helped me so much when I was pregnant with the twins and after I had them. She give so much service to others. She has always encouraged me to do well in school and to do the very best I can. Picture taken December 2006We are lucky to have all four ladies in our lives!
"All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." -Abraham Lincoln

This morning, Brandon woke up early this morning and made one of my favorite breakfasts for me; German Pancakes...yummy!

I loved seeing Hyrum up with the kids singing the primary songs for Mother's Day. The spirit was so strong! I was filled with overwhelming gratitude of the fact that I have the opportunity to be my little Hyrum's mom in this life. He is such a joy to me and I love him so much.

There was a group of eight men who sang a few Mother's Day songs to the sisters in our ward. It sounded great. I love it when I see Brandon sing he has been blessed with such a beautiful singing voice.

There was such an awesome lesson given in Relief Society. The lesson was based off of a Mormon Message Video called CREATE. It uses a recent address given by Elder Uchtdorf. The video and lesson were very inspiring to me.

After Relief Society, the sisters received some very tasty cheesecake.

For Mother's Day I got my carpets cleaned. I guess that gift shows that I have reached a point in my life when I would rather have presents to help take care of the house then have presents for myself.

I am so lucky to be a mother. It has been what I wanted to do my whole life; from the time I was little. I have felt much peace today as I have contemplated my role as a mother. I am very blessed to have three amazing children who constantly amaze me with their intelligence, kindness, thoughtfulness, forgiveness and love. I am truly blessed! Picture taken February of 2007

2 comments:

Petersons said...

I have to agree about your mom! I remember that when I was pregnant back when I was 19 and unmarried that your mom came and brought me a card saying how much she cared about me and was there if I needed anything and inside the card was a gift card to target to get a maternity shirt- when Most people were ignoring the fact I was pregnant. It feels good when someone cares about you despite the decisions you've made!

mamasteph said...

It sounds like you have some great women in your life! It also sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's day! Aren't children amazing! They make EVERYTHING about life so much more wonderful!