Sunday, February 01, 2009

Yearly Check-ups!

I am still trying to catch-up. Back in December, the kids each had their yearly check-ups. Emmy and Ben had their 2 year appointment and Hyrum had his four year appointment.

Ben came in at
30 lb and 33 1/2 inches

Emily came in at
28 lbs and 33 1/4 inchesThey are both still a little on the small side. I think the height could have been a little off. I think Ben is taller then Emmy by more then a 1/4 of an inch. On the height predictor site I found it predicted Emily to be around 5'3" The site predicted Ben would be around 5'10". They are doing really well, but their language is still lacking. I am hoping to continue to work with them on increasing their language skills. Other then the small delay in language development, they are doing really well.

Hyrum's appointment started off a little rough. They wanted him to do an eye exam and so they had shapes down the hall for him to say what they were. He didn't admit to knowing any of them so I told the nurse to turn the chart over to the letter side and he did just fine. Then we did the hearing test and struggled with that. I think I described to him the wrong kind of sound to be looking for and that is why he couldn't do the test. Then when the doctor came in he was really shy. I have noticed that he is really outgoing or really shy. There is usually not an in between for him. The doctor just asked me questions about Hyrum since he wasn't in the mood for performing and he is where he should be.

His stats were 44 lbs and 60z and 42 1/2 inches tall. The site predicted him to be around six feet tall.

I am grateful to have very healthy kids and for the fact that doctors visits aren't as crazy as they were two years ago.

1 comment:

KaraLynne and Andy said...

I cant believe the twins are so big! Corilynn is only 26 lbs and 34 1/2 inches. tall and skinny! Lyman is 40 inches but only 33 lbs. I checked out the height predictor too and it said that lyman was going to be 6'11... then i realized that I miscalculated how many feet he was and then it put him at 5'9. Ooops! ha