Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!

A couple of weeks ago, we received invitations in the mail (each kid got one; a big hit) to go to grandma's birthday party. At first I thought that my mom was just sending the invitations for fun. However, after my mom kept asking me if I noticed anything on the invitation, I came to realize that there was more to the invitation then I first thought. After a few hints from her I realized that the invitation meant that either she was coming to our house or we were going to her house. As it ended up, both my parents came to celebrate my mom's birthday, Ben and Emmy's birthday and just to have fun.

For my mom's birthday we went to Chuck-E-Cheese. When we got out of the car, I think Emmy remembered the place. She was jabbering excitedly about something to us. Also, as soon as we got into the place, Ben wanted to be put down and he took off running to the activities.

We all had a great time. The kids, especially Emmy, really loved the duck game again. Emmy and Ben also enjoyed the car rides where the car/tractor/truck moves back and forth when you put the coin in.
Hyrum enjoyed having Papa there to teach him how to play skee ball, ride in the rolller coaster ride with him, play air hockey (and grandma played too) with and many more games. We had such a great time watching the kids run from one activity to the next.
After soccer practice, we came home and sang Happy Birthday to my mom and watched her blow out her candles. Afterwards, each child had to have a turn blowing out the candles. We figured why not, it would be great practice for their birthdays.We got my mom the Mama Mia soundtrack for her birthday. As you can tell by her face, she loved it. When I was in Utah during the summer, my mom, sister and I went to the movie. On one side I had my sister making comments about how cheesy the show was and on the other my mom was singing the songs (after all, the songs are from her era). Although she enjoyed the cd, I think her favorite present was the one my dad gave her and that was the tickets to come to Memphis.

No comments: