Wednesday, May 07, 2008

My Sweet Hyrum!

I must start off by saying how grateful I am for my sweet Hyrum. He is such a sweetheart. I can't believe how big he is getting.

He is talking so much and saying the funniest things. Every time he wakes-up he comes and tells me Good Morning and gives me a big hug and kiss. His favorite word right now is why. Hyrum is very curious; he asks me why about everything.

He tells me that he will eat all of his food so he can grow big and tall like papa.

Papa and Grandma B. sent him stickers in the mail. Within a few minutes. They were all on his shirt.

Shortly after we moved to Memphis, he would tell me not to worry, because he was right there.

The other day when Hyrum and I were getting to play his matching game, he had me hold him to get the game. He then told me that he will swing like a monkey to get the game.
Hyrum and I tell each other that we love each other to the moon and back. I tried to tell him the other day that he was my lucky he star. He corrected me and told me that he is my lucky moon.

He is fascinated with the sun and moon. He tells me all the time when the sun wakes up it is morning and when the moon is out it is night time. The other day he told Brandon that the sun was going to sleep, but not to worry, because tomorrow it will wake up again.

Hyrum also is very good at watching the traffic lights. Every time we go somewhere in the car, he tells me what to do because of what the traffic lights are doing. "Green says go mom, you need to go." "Yellow says slow down mom." "Red says stop." It took awhile to convince him that even though some of the lights were red, if I was turning and the turning light turned green I could turn.

He is very creative when he plays with anything. Always thinking outside of the box of how to use an item to play with.
Hyrum loves doing new crafts. Below is a jello activity he did with Millie when my family came to visit.He still loves to read books. Any thing and everything. He isn't too picky, but he loves books on cars, trains, and dinosaurs.

He is getting really good with his alphabet. He probably knows all but one or two letters. He also knows about half of their sounds. He has been able to name his colors for over a year now. He knows his shapes and has known them for quite awhile. He gets a little confused with square and rectangle.

He loves to sing. He is constantly singing the songs he has learned in primary or other silly kid's songs. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star is still his favorite.

He still loves to play with his cars every day.
Hyrum loves being outside and goes outside to play multiple times a day. Every time he plays outside, he brings me multiple flower weeds. He tells me that the flowers are for me because he loves me and because I am a princess.

He loves playing with his friends. We will miss the friends who will be moving soon.

Hyrum is a great helper. He does a great job cleaning up his toys. Hyrum also helps me get things that I need for the babies.

Hyrum is a very sensitive to others feelings. He is always concerned if someone is sad or a little upset. He is the defender and the police man for every one. He likes to make sure everything is fair. My mom and dad tell me this is similar to how I was growing up.

Hyrum is an excellent big brother. He loves Ben and Emmy so much. He loves playing with them. He worries about them. The other day when Brandon was leaving church with the boys (I had already left earlier with Emmy), another family was carrying Ben out to the car. Hyrum was so upset because he thought the other family was going to take Ben home. Brandon says that he has never seen Hyrum so bent out of shape. Hyrum also sings to the babies when they start to cry. I don't think the babies could have asked for a better brother.I love his smiles. They brighten my day. He has such a sweet spirit and zest for life. We love our handsome Hyrum.

6 comments:

Jill said...

What an awesome big brother! I still remember what a sweet baby he was and it looks like that hasn't changed.

When are you guys moving here again? Cambri needs a friend like Hyrum!

Ashlee said...

What a great idea to focus on Hyrum and what a wonderful person he is. He will cherish this when he is older! It helps that he is learning from the best:)

Mandy said...

Hyrum sounds like an angel. You do a great job with him too. Great work on the letters and sounds already. He does have a great smile.

meg said...

it's fun to read what hyrum is like these days. what a great kid! i love that he's smiling in all your pictures too.

Rebekah said...

I love Hyrum's big smile, so cute!

Greg and Tammy said...

what a cute post!! and what a cute boy!