Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Sorry for such a late Mother's Day post. For some reason our computer wasn't reading our camera's memory card and I wanted to wait until I could post pictures of my wonderful Mother's Day presents.

I had such a great Mother's Day this year. It all started the Thursday before Mother's Day when gorgeous roses were delivered to my home. The roses were beautiful and smelled awesome! My roses looked like this except they came in a square clear glass vase. On Sunday, my handsome duo Brandon and Hyrum made a delicious breakfast of pancakes and eggs; Brandon's specialty.

At church, the Relief Society gave a great lesson on Mothers. Also, at the end of Relief Society, there was yummy cake! There is a lady in my ward who owns a bakery. Needless to say she is amazing at creating delectable things to eat. There were so many different choices to pick from, Chocolate and Vanilla, Vanilla, Sugar Free, Pistachio, Coconut, Strawberry, and Chocolate Moose.
I ended up picking the Chocolate and Vanilla combo; it did not disappoint me.

I received a book called Fool Me Twice and a beautiful bracelet from my family back in Utah.

I got the best Mother's Day present from Brandon and the kids. Brandon and the kids designed an apron for me. I love it! Brandon helped the kids put their little hand prints on the apron and wrote We love you along with other little hearts. I feel like it is too precious for me to cook in. It was really easy for me to tell their hand prints apart. Of course, Hyrum's hands are the biggest and in purple. Ben's hand prints are the fat, chubby ones and they are in blue. Emmy's hand prints have long, slender, elegant fingers, and are in yellow.
Overall, I had a great mother's day and felt very loved and appreciated. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

4 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

So fun! Go Brandon -- awesome apron:) Happy Mother's Day Nat! I' so glad it was a good one - you only deserve the BEST, that's for sure:)
Will you guys move out to LA in August so you can show me how to be a mom? I am seriously doubting any and all "baby-care" abilities I tell myself I once have. Hopefully something will come naturally...(they say it does sometimes) and if not, we'll have to send this child out your way to be put back together.

Bonnie said...

I love the apron! There is something so sweet about kids hands. I saw that you're reading the Uglies series, how do you like them? I read those books after the Twilight series and I'm not really sure what I think about them. Anyways, I'm always looking for new books to read so I love your book list!

Ashlee said...

Precious! That is pretty crafty of Brandon:)I will have to drop a hint to Jeff that I LOVE the apron:)What a special day-it sure is nice to have such a wonderful holiday.

Tiffany said...

What a cute apron! I've been wanting something like that. And I love your new blog colors! Where did you get the patterns?