Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


It was five years ago today that Brandon asked me to marry him. I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

We were going to school up in Idaho. We came down to Utah since we were flying out of Salt Lake City's airport to Texas for the three day holiday so I could meet Brandon's parents.

We went to a little Chinese restaurant called the Pagoda for our dinner on Valentine's Day. We ended up waiting over three hours for our food. However, the wait wasn't too bad since we were able to talk, but you could tell Brandon was a little frustrated with the situation. For those of you who know Brandon, know that type of attitude is out of his character. He is usually pretty easy going about things. Afterwards, he told me he was frustrated since he wanted everything to be just right.

After dinner, Brandon said he thought that it would be a good idea for us to take a walk around Temple Square and exchange Valentine's presents. I said sure. By this time, I was thinking that there was something going on. Before we left Idaho, all my roommates told me to call the apartment if anything exciting happened. Also, Brandon was acting funny at dinner. He was doing something funny behind the trunk of the car(Come to find out, he was getting the ring out of his coat so I could wear the coat since it was so cold). Not to mention, that we had talked about getting married in the summer and I think we already had a date set at the temple. Also, I told Brandon that I wanted to be proposed to the same way my dad proposed to my mom and that was at the temple (I always thought growing up that being proposed to at the temple, like my mom was, was so romantic! My dad actually proposed to my mom at the Jordan River Temple.). However, one thing that led me a stray was the fact that I told him that I didn't want to be proposed to on Valentine's Day. I thought it was super cheesy.

We ended up by the reflection pond. I went first and gave him a picture of us in a frame and a pocket hymn book in a bucket filled with candy. It was a bucket of love. Bucket of Love is a cheesy nick name we have for one another.

He gave me a collage picture frame with five pictures of us. He told me to open up the back of the frame and there was a poem there that he had written for me. He asked me to read it aloud. At the very end of the poem, it led into him asking me to marry him.

Brandon got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I didn't know what to say (shock/excited factor), so I just pulled him up and kissed him. After the kiss I told him yes.

Brandon is such a great husband and I am so proud of all the many things he has accomplished. I love him so much. He is my everything.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Super cute! It was 4 years ago that we got married! How fun to share a fun memory of Valentine's.

Mandy said...

Those pictures are beautiful! It's a romantic story. You are a great couple and seem to be a great team with the kidos!

Kathryn Cooper said...

Aww so sweet! I love all the pictures! Colt and I have our 3 year anniversary tomorrow! Wow.

Marci said...

Hi Natalie! I'm so glad you found our blog. What a cute little family you have. I don't think I even knew that you had twins! It's been too long. Thanks for finding me, we can keep in touch now!

Rebecca said...

Great story Natalie. What gorgeous pictures!!

Greg and Tammy said...

I loved hearing the engagement story! Greg and I were supposed to get engaged on V-day 5 years ago too, but the ring got delayed!