Sunday, April 26, 2009

Month of Birthdays!

As most of you know, Brandon and I celebrated birthdays recently.

The best gift, that I was able to receive for my birthday, was having my parents take time from their busy, busy lives to come see me. I have been really homesick and it was a treasure to have them come and see us.

We did the "Easter Bunny" on my birthday and went to the ward Easter party You can read what I did on my birthday day here and here.

The end of the day, my wonderful cute mom made dinner for me. She made round steak, mash potatoes and gravy, rhodes rolls, steamed veggies and a great fruit salad. Doesn't that just make your mouth water thinking about it? It was a divine dinner.

For dessert, of course we had birthday cake. The kids loved doing a practice blow after my turn.

After the kids went to bed, Brandon, my mom, my dad and myself watched Twilight. The Twilight movie was a gift I received from my birthday. I was shocked that Brandon and my mom watched it. My mom isn't into movies with any suspense in it all. She gets too nervous. I think Brandon watched it with me since it was my birthday.

For Brandon's birthday, after soccer practice, we went to Chuckie Cheese and had a great time. The best part was that it was free. I was able to find coupons for free tokens on string cheese packages. The kids had a great time.
Emmy loved riding in what looked like a princess carriage. She spent many tokens there until the machine broke. My guess is that it had too many tokens in it.

Shooting hoops with dad

After Chuckie Cheese, we came home for cake and ice cream. The kids,especially Hyrum, were so excited that it was Brandon's birthday. Emmy was running around telling Brandon Happy Daddy all day. Ben was also telling daddy Happy Birthday any time he saw him. It was too cute.

Hyrum was the official passer out of the presents. He loved it. Hyrum was so excited to give Brandon some pens for his birthday(pens for a gift, what can I say, they were nice pens and we are college students still). When he was giving Brandon his pens he was giving him instructions. I was trying to have him reenact what he was told Brandon in the video below. Too cute and funny!

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

It looks like you guys had some really fun birthday celebrations! And Natalie you look fantastic in your pictures!