Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

I just wanted to take a quick moment and wish Brandon a Happy Father's Day. He is such a great dad! Brandon has so much patience and love for all of his three kiddos. Hyrum loves to play with him; especiallywhen they wrestle. Ben and Emily are always so excited to see him and have a huge smiles on their faces. I am lucky to have married such a great guy.
My dad has been a great father and grandfather. He has been there to help guide me through my life. I have always known since I was little that I could count on him.

When I was a sunbeam I was asked to give a talk in the Primary Program during Sacrament Meeting. We are not talking a one or two liner we are talking about a five minute talk for a three year-old. I was giving a talk about Nephi and his brothers going to get the Golden Plates. I remember, I got confused with the names and lost my place in the talk. I looked out in the audience and saw my dad and said, "help me daddy." He came up to the pulpit helped me find my place and with the names, went and sat back down and I continued my talk. I am lucky to have such a great dad.
I have also been lucky to have two grandfathers who have been great examples to me in my life. Brandon has also greatly benefited from having a granfather who has been a great example in his life as well.


My father-in-law, Richard is a great man and has always shown me love and acceptance from the first time I met him. Also, he has been an amazing father for Brandon. Brandon is constantly telling me of the many things he has learned from his father. We are lucky to have such a father.

No comments: