Thursday, June 19, 2008

Swimming in the Pool

We were fortunate enough to inherit one of our friend's swimming pool before they moved away. It has been a big hit around here. The kids love swimming in the pool!

This is what happened when I went to put Hyrum's balloon back in the house that Ben carried out. I knew I needed to take it back in the house or Hyrum would be devastated if it blew away. I was only gone at most 5 seconds. Good thing the pool didn't have very much water.

For the most part, all of three kids love the pool. They are BIG water fans! Emmy is usually the first to get out the pool. I attribute it to the fact that her brothers get a little wild playing in the water. Also, she is so skinny. Don't let her little pot belly fool you. Emmy doesn't have any meat on her to keep her warm once getting in the water. After she is finished swimming, she loves getting wrapped in her towel and watching the boys play.I think my boys are the happiest when they are in water. Ben and I fight every day over the fact that he can not play with the water in the toilet. Like at the sprinkler park, they love to explore the water with various toys. They will play for hours out in the pool!

10 comments:

Sellers' Blog said...

Your kids are so cute! Isn't summertime the greatest?

Ashlee said...

That is nice that they love their new pool. That slide on it is pretty nifty!I think that it is funny that the boys love being rough and sweet Emmy is more girly despite having two brothers. Cute, cute, cute!

Bonnie said...

Cute pictures! I especially love the one of Emme snuggling in the towl, too cute! Isn't summer time great!

Natalie said...

I love all of your pictures! It looks like you are having a great time. Love & miss you~ natalie metler

Beth and Shae said...

We love the summer and outdoor play. Looks like you kids are loving it too. I love you pictures.

gardeniagirl said...

So fun! I need to get a little pool for Dottie. It looks like your kids were having a blast!

Jenn said...

I can't believe how big all the kids are getting! Looks like summer is going by too fast!

Rebekah said...

Looks like your kids are enjoying their summer! Hope you are enjoying your little vacation.

Steph said...

auh! look how much they've grown! how are you all doing? :)

Scott, Aimee, & Emily said...

Too bad we don't live closer. Your little one could teach Emily to like the water!