Thursday, April 05, 2007

What an awesome trip!

We had such a fine time in Colorado! Believe it or not the babies did excellent in the car. We couldn't have asked anything more for them. Hyrum was happy since we took my dad's Yukon that has a built in DVD player so he was fine and loved watching a couple of his fav. movies.

It was great to see everyone. I don't get to see my mom's family very much. Her sister Marsha flew in from Texas with one of her daugthers Callie. Hyrum loved Callie and was so happy to have a little playmate. His favorite time was outside playing with the rocks, sticks and dirt (did I mention he is all boy?). My mom's other sisters Rachel and Becca and their families were there as well as my grandparents. Not to mention beloved Abby (grandma's dog) and Tess (Becca's dog). Abby got a workout from Hyrum. She is used to only octegeneran people and not a wild 2 year old.
The babies loved it there. So many people to love them, hold them and give them kisses.

We stayed in a hotel and Hyrum got to sleep in a bed with mom. He loved it! After we said prayers he patted a little spot next to him with his hand telling me to come up and lay by him. He is so cute.
We also enjoyed swimming, but the pool was so cold we didn't stay very long.

The only down side of the trip was that Brandon wasn't there and I came home with strep. Overall it was a great trip and everyone had a great time!


(Click on the pictures to see the captions)

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm so glad that you had so much fun while you were here! Colorado really is the best place to live, I tell you what. I guess you guys will have to just move here when Brandon finishes school. Was Brandon ready for the chaos to come back home?